-PRESS KIT INFO BELOW-
Media professionals are welcome to copy any information related to Giving Tuesday on this site
Mandee Kuenzle is serving as the 2015 Public Relations Representation and Media Contact for Giving Tuesday - Bucks County. Organizers of Giving Tuesday, Bucks County are available for immediate interview upon request for television, radio, print. Please call Ms. Kuenzle directly at 908.246.0882.
Below are valuable press bullets to co-create Mandee Kuenzle your news story to support this incredible initiative:
· #GivingTuesday, which was started in 2012 through a collaboration between the 92nd Street Y and the United Nations Foundation, is a global day of giving that harnesses the collective power of individuals, communities and organizations to encourage philanthropy and to celebrate generosity worldwide.
· In 2013, a group of local volunteers formed a steering committee to bring the initiative directly to Bucks County, which resulted in the launch of #GivingTuesdayBucks
· Occurring this year on December 1, #GivingTuesday is held annually on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday to kick-off the holiday giving season and inspire people to collaborate in improving their local communities and to give back in impactful ways to the charities and causes they support.
· Last year, #GivingTuesdayBucks saw the participation of 132 nonprofit organizations and more than $225,000 was raised by participating organizations during that one day.
· This year there are 118 Bucks County nonprofit organizations participating
· Supporters of #GivingTuesdayBucks are encouraging all community members to give back in some way on December 1st.
· www.givingtuesdaybucks.com has an entire directory of participating organizations that can be sorted by type with links that take the donor directly to the specific organization’s donation page
· The #GivingTuesdayBucks website does not take any donations, but provides the community with information on the participating organizations so that they can make informed decisions on where they would like to donate
· In past years, #GivingTuesdayBucks has been recognized by the main #GivingTuesday movement, has been featured in numerous national stories about #GivingTuesday, and received recognition on the White House blog.
With the Pennsylvania State Budget impasse continuing, nonprofit organizations in Bucks County need the support of community members more than ever
The official Chair of Giving Tuesday Bucks County is Jenny Salisbury, Assistant Director, Foundation & Alumni Relations at Bucks County Community College, Jennifer.Salisbury@bucks.edu